Image Map

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Bloguary Round Up and Plans for the Blog

IMG_6851-growth

Bloguary has come to an end.

I did pretty good. Only missed a handful of days. When you consider what we dealt with last month (fussy baby becomes teething fussy baby, fussy teething baby decides naps are not for him, fussy teething tired baby decides to start waking up every couple of hours screaming during the night, no outside help, husband works long hours, all of us coming down with a nasty cold) I think my accomplishment is worthy of a high five! Yep!

I’ve been blogging for almost 6 years (WHAT!?!) but I feel like I learned quite a bit about myself and this old blog during Bloguary.

What I’ve learned:
*I enjoy blogging and want to continue posting on a more regular basis.
*I have this weird urge to share the mundane along with random thoughts that run through my mind. I guess I’ve always been that way. I love documenting life and sharing it with others weather it be in the form of photography, blogging, or vlogging. I enjoy it all!  
*I want to focus on putting out quality content. Every now and then I put up a post and think “Oh that was a good one.” but there are a few “What the what” post thrown in the mix as well. I want to work on post weeks in advance so I have time to fine tune them instead of typing them up and hitting publish. 
*I would love to connect with other bloggers! Maybe schedule a guest blogger or guest blog for others.
*I’m pretty sure I’m going to change the name of the blog. I’ve grown in these last 5 years. My content is changing. My life is in a different place. I think a new blog name along with a new layout is fitting. I’ve also been toying with the idea of switching to Wordpress (still thinking on that one). I have the new name picked out and I’m currently deciding which direction I want to go with the new layout. A blog facelift seems fitting right now.
*I would love to connect with my readers more. Do I even have “readers” not sure but if you’re out there I would love to connect with you. Yes YOU…..taps screen with pointed finger. I really enjoy Instagram and the ability to chat with folks that follow us. We have a lot of fun and I’ve met some great people through ig. I would love to have the same chatter here as well! I want to hear from you. Your opinions on post. What you want to see on the blog. I blog for myself but I also blog for you! Unless you’re mean and want to bash just to be nasty then yeah I don’t really want to hear from you.  

What does all this mean:
Last year I was not the best blogger. I posted here and there but I have a feeling I’ve posted more in the last month then I did in all of 2013. I don’t want that to be the same for 2014. I plan to fix this by getting on a blog schedule. Kent (the hubs) recommends that I don’t do this. “Don’t commit, just post more often.” he said. But I do best when I have a schedule and know what I’m working towards. If it’s not planned it may or may not happen. Soooooo I’m committing to posting at least 2 times a week for the next 2 months. Why am I only committing to a schedule for 2 months? Well I want to make sure it’s a good fit for us. Maybe the days aren’t the best for our schedule or I decide I want to post more/less. The next 2 moths are a trial run for the future!

What’s the schedule: 
For the next 2 months you can visit blog on Tuesdays and Thursdays around 8am cst and see new content!

What to expect:
My blogging style will stay the same. I really don’t want to be a niche blogger focusing on cooking or crafting. While bloggers that blog about 1 subject are awesome it’s just not my drive, nope. I love being able to blog about anything and everything that tickles my fancy OR topics that you would like me to blog about! So expect to see a little bit of this and little bit of that! If I had to pick a genre as a blogger I would say this is a mix bag blog!

Something a little different is that I will be including more vlogs from time to time. I started testing this out during Bloguary and really enjoyed it. Sometimes it’s easier for me to press record and tell a story verses finding the words to type it out.

This year I will be taking you along my journey…….
as a new mommy
my happiness project
loosing the baby weight
among other new and fun things my family and I will be going through this year!

Bloguary has come to an end but a new journey is beginning! I hope you’ll continue to follow along! I’ll see you back here on Thursday with a new post!

A Few of My Favorite Bloguary Post:
How I’m Dealing With My Perfectionism
Moment From Our Day
The Day That Changed Everything
Hanging with the Huie’s
Awkward Photo Day
I Can’t Believe
Thanksgiving in Arkansas
A Boy and Hit Toy
My Breastfeeding Story
Surviving Teething the Update


instagram

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely a "reader" of yours. I loved your bloguary and loved the vlogs. From what I've seen in the background of your pics, I love your decorating style and would love to see more of your house and any tips you have. I suck at decorating. Sad, but true.

    I really want to get back into my blog, but feel like I don't have much to say these days.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)