Image Map

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Guest Post – Mom and Kiddo Favorites

Hey Huie fans! I’m Reanna! I’m a long time follower of Kendra’s blog and count her among my “internet friends.” Ha! I started my blog in 2009 to keep a record of our journey to have a baby and to keep family and friends informed on all the fertility treatments we went through. Fast forward 6 years and we have twin three year olds! You can check out what’s happening in our world at www.anotherdayinyengerparadise.blogspot.com 

clip_image002

I’m really excited to tell you all about some of my favorite things! This post is going to be all over the place so get ready for my brand of crazy. I’m going to tell you about these things in the order they come up in my day.

So first up…my FitBit! Y’all need one of these. I like my FitBit overall for keeping track of steps and sleep but I LOVE it for the gentle, vibrating alarm. SO much nicer than a blaring alarm clock to wake me up! I also like to make mine fun and cute so I got these bands on Ebay and these adorable monogram stickers from Etsy.

clip_image003

As soon as I wake up I work out. No this isn’t a fitness post but fitness is a part of my life. I recently started lifting weights and I LOVE IT! If you don’t lift, you need to start. I don’t have a gym membership so I do it at home with weights from WalMart and I’m following a 6 week program I bought from a friend (who is a personal trainer) for $40. It tells me exactly what to do, describes the exercise, and tells me how many reps and sets. I feel so strong! I’ve always wanted to lift but was way overwhelmed by it and didn’t know where to start. This simple, inexpensive program has changed how I work out. Email lynzey_gallagher@yahoo.com if you’re interested! And yes, I'm a total tool and I'm making a kissy face at my muscle. This was only 4 weeks in and I could see more muscle definition - love it! Working on my Michelle Obama arms!

clip_image004

Next – BEAUTY! I’m a makeup and product junkie. I admit it. But here are some of my favs.

First – my Clarisonic. I’ve had this thing for YEARS. It’s held up unbelievable well and has been totally worth the investment. It gets my skin super clean, exfoliates and allows other products to soak into my skin better.

clip_image005

LATISSE! This is a miracle for your eyelashes, ladies! I enhance mine even more with Younique 3D fiber mascara (and no I don’t sell it, I just love it). Also, don't mind my maniacal look in my eyes in this picture, I seriously don't know how people get these gorgeous pictures of their eyes/lashes. Probably have to have mad photog skills like Kendra ;)

clip_image006

Bare Minerals liquid foundation. The. Bomb. Dot. Com. I have a really uneven skin tone and battle adult acne but this makes my face look flawless. Go get you some!

clip_image007

clip_image008

Essential oils. I use them every day. I’m not going to say one brand is better than another, just do your research. These are so great for everything. I use Progessence (Young Living), frankinscense, lemon, and Get Going Blend from Ginger Birch on an everyday basis. I also use Rest Your Head which is a blend from Ginger Birch on my kids every night. In fact the put it on themselves (or each other) and they don’t let me forget it. It’s calming and helps them sleep.

For The Kiddos

First up: Plae Shoes. My son, Ben has cerebral palsy and wears ankle-foot orthotics (AFOs) and it's hard to find shoes that fit over them and are easy to get on. Plae shoes are amazing! They are SO easy to get on and they are great quality. They aren't just for kids who wear AFOs either - I'm going to get Ainlsey a pair too! Ohandalso...they are really cute!

clip_image009

High Five magazine - I didn't even know about this until a few months ago. It's a magazine from the same company as Highlights (remember those from when you were a kid?) but it's aimed and children 2-6 years old. It's fun for the kids to get something in the mail and they love to "read" so it's a WIN!

clip_image010

Lastly...Public Television. I seriously LOVE Iowa Public Television. My kids love Daniel Tiger and Super Why the most right now. I love that I don't have to worry about what they are watching. We love to snuggle in bed and watch an episode. We have the app on all our devices too so we can watch if we're waiting somewhere or even if the kids want to watch different things.

Well, I think that's enough of the random things I like! I hope you discovered something new that you'll love! I'd love to hear about your favorite things too so comment or link to a blog post with YOUR favorite things.

Connect with Reanna…..
Blog: www.anotherdayinyengerparadise.blogspot.com 
Instagram: Reannay

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)