Image Map

Friday, March 26, 2010

Meet the Little Guy that Stole my Heart

I just couldn’t help myself! He had my heart the second I laid eyes on him.
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
My Mom moved to what we call “The Farm” which is roughly 2 acres of land about a year ago. We just LOVE it! We have the best time hanging out on the property and enjoying the new animals she’s added to the family. Well, a few weeks ago her friend gave her a bunny as a gift. I fell in love with it…she’s a total snuggle bunny and loves to be around people. I decided that I MUST have one of my own but knew that Kent wouldn’t love the idea of a new pet so I decided I would buy it, keep it at my Mom’s place and take it home for a visit every now and then. I thought her bunny needed a friend!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         We loaded up and headed over to pick out our new bunny. I called Kent (who was not with us) and told him that I was buying a bunny to keep at my Mom’s house. He was fine with it. Well, as soon as I saw the little guy my heart melted. I couldn’t leave him at my Mom’s, I wanted to take him home so I could snuggle with him. I think my Mom knew all along that I wouldn’t be able to part with the little sweetie.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         To make a long story short this little guy now lives fulltime with Kent and I, he’s an inside pet, he’s moved into a bunny condo (which I made sure has wheels so i can tuck it away when we have company), the dogs are warming up nicely to him, and Kent talked me into getting another one so the little guy has a buddy to play with. I called the breeder and we’ll be brining home a second bunny in 2 weeks! I wasn't too crazy about getting another one but did a ton of research and talked to a few bunny owners and they’ve all told me that rabbits are active and enjoy having a friend to play with. What the hay….why not….right?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Who is this little guy?
*We named him Mochi, after the Japanese dessert.
*He’s a 6 week old Lionhead Bunny and will look something like this when he’s older, (different markings of course).
pan_mon_oct07_2[1]
*Bunnies can be litter trained and are surprisingly clean animals. Many people let them roam their house. Mochi will be in a cage when he’s not supervised but when he gets bigger we’re going to fence in a little area in the house that will be safe for him to play in.
*Did you know that rabbits are the most common one pet in Japan? I had no idea but after doing a lot of research I can see why people are so crazy about them.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I’m really surprised how much Kent likes Mochi. He’s not ga-ga over him like I am but he does like him. I was floored when he suggested that we should get another one. He called me this week and asked me to bring Mochi up to his office….so silly! Mochi and I went on a little field trip to Kent’s work and the ladies loved him. A few ladies from his office are now getting bunnies too. I will say that buying a bunny should not be a split decision. If you deiced that you want to bring a bunny into your home be sure to do your research! They need to be on a special diet, and need lots attention. I’ve leaned more about rabbits this week then I ever thought possible. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

12 comments:

  1. he's super cute! I just fell in love with him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWW how adorable! I want a bunny now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, your sweet Mochi is beyond adorable! Your blog is so lovely. I'm off to read some of your past posts... Have a wonderful weekend, Kendra! Sending many Spring Sparkles your way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Be sure they are same sex or you may have more bunnies than you want or need! :-)
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. id better not let my kids see this post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG. Is he even real!? He looks like a stuffed toy!!!! :O Adorable.

    I cannot wait to see the photo of his little friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute bunny just in time for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the cutest bunny ever! I got my girls bunnies when they were little, it turned out to be a big mistake because bunnies like to make more bunnies, even if they are brother and sisters...so we ended up with a TON of bunnies. I couldn't get rid of them fast enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. O.M.G. he's adorable!!! His markings are crazy! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness how cute!!! It makes me want to run out and get a bunny. I won't but it is hard. They are so very cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bunnies make wonderful pets. We had a chocolate dwarf lop ear that lived in our house for five years. She was litter-trained and came when called; quite a little character. Only challenges we had was the chewing on in-appropriate items, but a few more toys and chew items and training solved that. Have fun with your new pets!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He steals my heart too! Love those markings!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)