Image Map

Monday, April 12, 2010

Homemade Biscotti

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
As some of you know I’m a coffee fanatic! I love the taste, smell, and activities that go along with a cup of Joe (chatting with friend, reading good a book, the start of a new day, snuggling up to watch a movie).
What goes better with a cup of coffee than a little homemade biscotti…..right! I found a wonderful biscotti recipe that’s delish and super easy! Thought you might baking some biscotti as well.  
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Chocolate Nut Biscotti
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for baking
2 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for baking sheet
1/2 cup unsweetened coca powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup of nuts (I’ve made this recipe a few time and have used hazelnuts, walnuts, and pistachios)
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a baking sheet; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (note: you can also blend with a hand mixer). Add the eggs; beat until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. Add flour mixture, and stir to form a stiff dough. Stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
3. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet; form into a slightly flattened log, 12 by 4 inches. Bake until firm about 35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes. Reduce oven to 300 degrees F.
4. On a cutting board use a sharp serrated knife to cut the biscotti diagonally into 1-inch think slices. Arrange the biscotti on the baking sheet and bake until crisp about 18min.
Note: The last time I whipped up a batch of these bad boys I got a little fancy and melted some dark chocolate. I dipped the ends of each slice of biscotti into the melted chocolate. I placed them in the fridge to let the chocolate harden a bit before I served them. It was rich but oh so good!  
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

9 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds great! I like your thinking; coffee is my fave comfort drink and any time is coffee time for me!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe...

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so deeeelish, I must have some now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE chocolate biscotti! i made some for a cookie exchange this year and most people were scared of it. then someone tried it and it was gone in seconds!
    did you know biscotti means twice baked? (im italian)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband loves biscotti. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I gotta try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I mention before how much I'm glad I found you??!!? Can't wait to make this and consume LARGE amounts of coffee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds de-lish! I am so hungry right now I think i could just eat your picture and be happy.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to try to make this. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks SO good. I think I need to make this STAT! I have made Giada's Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti cookies before... they are delicious as they use Nutella which is heavenly. Here's the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chocolate-hazelnut-biscotti-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum. They look amazing...and I don't even LIKE nuts! :O

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)