Image Map

Friday, April 16, 2010

It all Started with an Altoids Tin

A few months ago I transformed a room in our home in to craft room. Click HERE to see pictures of the transformation. I’m loving the space but funny enough I’m crafting wayyyy less than I did before, go figure!
It’s warming up outside and I’m starting to come out of my crafting hibernation. I have some ideas swimming around in my head and I’m ready to get my craft back on and put my craft room to good use. I finally took my Altiods tin (which was the inspiration for my craft room) and used it for a little décor project.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I bought this shadow frame a few years ago. I LOVED it and knew that I would find something to do with it………one day. Well it’s been awhile but I found just the right project for it.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         Using things I already had on hand I put together a little inspiration board/shadow box using items that reflect the space. I put the original Altiods container inside (you can see the dent in the container from me carrying it around in my purse for so long), a piece of fabric I used throughout the room, a flower I made at a craft event I hosted, and a quote from James Russell Lowell.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         You can truly find inspiration anywhere! I should show you my inspiration for our living room. It was something I bought at an Asian supermarket when I was in high school. I loved the colors and knew I wanted a room decorated around it someday! Humm…….maybe that will be a future post.

  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA         I found this quote online and thought it was perfect for my project! I wanted it to look a little worn so I crumpled it up, poured a little coffee over it and let it dry.


Locations, blog 014  I like how it turned out and any project that calls for a cup of coffee is a good project in my book!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA           OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Click HERE to see the before and after transformations of the thrift store goodies I used to decorate the space.

I’m Linking up With:
The Shabby Chic Cottage
Just a Girl
The Girl Creative
Tea Rose Home
Room to Inspire

11 comments:

  1. Kendra,

    That turned out so cute! I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you turned your inspiration into art. This is such a nice idea and I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from New Friend Friday ... love the inspiriation box - especially like that the inspiration came from the Altoids box!! The black and yellow combo looks great! - I want to bake some of your Biscotti also!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just popped over from the Girl Creative blog - this is a great idea! Love the keys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi..I’m Barb from Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute blog! Just found you through Fabulous k :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm inspired to get some more things on my walls.I always have ideas but never seem to get to those projects.Maybe now I will :o)
    3sillymonkees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I just love the Altoids inspiration...those colors really are fabulous. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!! I love how you took a plain object and went with it and made it into such an art piece. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)