Image Map

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Bloguary Day 12: Birthday Calendar

As a New Year’s gift to the grandparents I put together a calendar full of Weston photos. The whole photo calendar idea is not new but I was extremely happy with ours so I thought I would share as well my plans for our copy.

IMG_4164

When I set down to do this project I had a few key things I was looking for
-A cute predesigned template
-The ability to personalize dates
-Software that was fast and easy to use
-Fair prices as I planned to order multiple copies

I searched around a little bit and decided to go with Vistaprint. They have tons of cute calendar designs. I liked their templates better than some of the high end photo printing sites. I went with this layout.

As a photographer I can be a little snobbish about where I order prints from. I was a little worried about the quality and photo transfer as Vistaprint is not really a photo printing site but I was pleasantly surprised! The colors and sharpness transferred well!

IMG_4147

I loved how you can personalize dates! I found a neat website that list corky holidays to celebrate each month. I picked a few of my favorites and included them in the calendar.

HELLO positive thinking day! Love that! There’s also a send a card day and my favorite may be national Bubble Bath day!  Kent was excited about national Cheeseburger Day!

You can find the fun holiday site HERE 

 

IMG_4158

The calendar was super easy to put together and reasonably priced! I ordered 6 copies which ended up being around $6.00 per calendar. Not bad huh?

I ordered a copy for the house that I’m using as  our birthday calendar. I’ve gathered the birthday’s of family members and close friends so I can do a better job of acknowledging the people we love on their special day.

I’ll also be celebrating all the fun holidays I included.   Up next is national dress up your pet day!

 

20140111_194014

My mama with her calendar! So far it’s been a hit with the grandparents!

 

instagram

For links to daily post be sure to like the
Domestic Princess in Training Facebook page!

2 comments:

  1. I ordered Ford's Baby Announcements from Vistaprint (& christmas cards last last year). I thought they were great. I may have to steal your Calendar idea for gifts next year!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)