Image Map

Monday, January 20, 2014

Bloguary Day 20: Surviving Teething

Weston cut 2 teeth! Can you believe it?
He turned 4 months last Friday and already has 2 teething…….craziness!
I keep thinking I should have taken more pictures of that sweet gummy smile.  I know it’s only teeth but I feel like I’m sending him off to college. He’s just growing so stinking fast!

Last week was a rough one. Reallllllll rough!

I’ve been on the fence about sharing this vlog. To share not to share? I don’t want to come off sounding ungrateful for the amazing blessing we’ve been given. I also don’t want people to think more is going on than what actually is. I’m going to go for it and share anyway!  It was just a bad week. It’s been hard for the last 2 months but last week took it to a whole new level. Being alone with a screaming baby (oh yes he can put a 6 year old girl to shame) for hours on end wears ya down!

My poor little fella is now hoarse from all the screaming. It makes me frown and shake my head every time I hear his little hoarse squeak; so sad.

In today’s vlog I chat about what’s been going on with the teething Mr. How I’m coping with it and how I plan to tackle another week (if the teething monster comes back).

Um and as usual my thumbnail is pretty awesome.

Bring it teething! I’ m ready for ya!
What I’ve prepared to take teething DOOOOWN

-I had some free time over the weekend. I took a 3 hour nap and got a pedicure! Feeling refreshed thanks to Kent!
-I have my book audio book ready to go! I’ll be listening to “The Happiness Project” by Gretchen Rubin. I’ve heard great things about this book!  
-I broke down about bought some frozen meals. I went with Amy’s organic lite meals. I’m not one for processed foods but when I take a step back and look at what I have been (eating, granola bars, protein bars, random processed snacks) I might as well get a little more nutrition in. Those days when I just don’t have time to put together a healthy meal I will at least have another option besides a protein bar.
-Restocked my coffee stash. Come on you know coffee is any new moms secret weapon!
-Teething tablets and an amber necklace for the little ready to go! The teething tablets helped some. Not sure if I buy into the whole amber necklace thing but after last week I’m willing to try anything. Hopefully it proves me wrong and works!

Annnnnd my trump card. The reason that all parents keep on trucking even when it get a little tough. Look at this little love. He makes my heart go pitter patter; even when he’s screaming his head off!

20131129_131315

 

instagram

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this! I went through extremely similar feelings/experiences when my little guy was colicky for 5 weeks. All he did was scream, my husband travels with his job, and I felt so down in the dumps! I felt guilty for feeling bad too because I know I'm blessed to have him. THANK YOU for putting the honesty out there. I felt like a horrible mother for wanting to admit that sometimes this parenting thing is difficult. No one ever says just how hard it can be. Keep chugging along momma! You're doing an awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally had the chance to sit down and read/watch your post. And I just wanted to say BRAVO! I'm pretty sure this is how most moms feel, but don't want to admit it. I have 2 1/2 year old twin girls and a 10 month old boy (who is teething, so I can relate). There are plenty of days that I feel this way, but you're right. We are completely blessed to have our children. I honestly don't know what I'd do without them, even though one of my girls is currently try to pull her sister across the floor by her hair. Your post and the others similar to this are inspiring to me. I truly does feel like no gets what you go through even though every mom has been through it. Thanks for your truth and inspiration today.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)