Image Map

Thursday, November 04, 2010

The Largest Sweet Potato in the World!!!

IMG_7911-edit

Okay, maybe not the largest sweet potato in the world but I bet it’s the largest sweet potato in my cul-de-sac! This thing was HUGE!

 

I threw it on the oven for a couple of hours (yes, it took forever because of it’s massive size!) and gave it a good mashing when it was done.

 

IMG_7920-edit

Who would have thought……1 sweet potato would be enough to feel 4 people.

 

This is the 1st of my many upcoming thankful post. Just a little glimpse into my world silliness full of things that I am beyond grateful for.

 

Today and always: I am grateful for veggie/fruit co-op! Not only is it easy on my pocketbook it gives me crazy goodies such as the largest sweet potato in the world!

 

What do you think? Should we make this a weekly linky party for the month of November? Once a week we can chime in a share a picture of something we’re grateful for. Let m know if you would be interested in joining in. I haven’t hosted a linky party in forever in fear of being the only one there. Winking smile

6 comments:

  1. That sweet potato mash looks yummy. I just started reading you blog and I'm a bit hooked!! I've been thinking about joining a food co-op myself, just a thought . . maybe after i give birth, I'm too tired to volunteer my time, i'd be no use!! LOL!

    Keep up the good postings!

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, that thing is huge! How cool to have a fruit/veggie co-op!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes let's do it. I need to sometimes stop and remember all that I have to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in the party. Sounds great & I have so much to be thankful for. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Diva and I loooove sweet potatoes!! That would feed us for a whole meal -- yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sweet potatoes are my fav!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)