Image Map

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weight Watchers Boston Crème Muffins


Servings 48, 2 points each

I package regular enriched yellow cake dry mix
10 fl oz Diet Cream Soda
4 servings fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
2 cups fat-free skim milk
10 servings of ready-to-eat creamy chocolate frosting

Mix cake mix, egg white and soda together. Spray muffin pan with non stick spray or you can use muffin foils and remove after they are done baking. This is what I did. It gave the edges a nice ruffle effect. Fill about 3/4 full. Bake according to the directions on the box. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.

Mix the pudding mix and milk. Let pudding mixture set in refrigerator a few minutes until thick. With the handle of a wooden spoon, poke a hole into the center of each cupcake. Put pudding into a decorating bag or a large plastic baggie such as Ziploc and cut a small amount off the corner of the bag to create a makeshift piping bag. Pipe out pudding into this hole. Microwave the frosting until it is very soft (but not too runny). Dip and twist the top of each cupcake in the softened frosting. You may have to put a little dab of frosting to cover the hole. You should not be using a lot of frosting, just enough to cover the top of the cupcake.

*These were delicious! Let me know if you try the recipe and how they turn out.

I'm linking up with:
Arfilkins

12 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I just started weight watchers the other day. I will have to try this!
    Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi June,
    Thanks for stopping by. I hope you give the cupcakes a try. They are delicious! Good luck in your journey with W.W. I think you are going to enjoy the program. Check back from time to time. I will be posting new recipes. Let me know if you have any questions about the program. I'm pretty familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for posting Kendra. I really need to get back on the wagon and this is some mighty fine temptation to get me there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look yummy! To hear that they are waist friendly is even better! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! I love, love LOVE Boston Cream anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect!! I am doing WW and stoked about this recipe! Thanks for sharing;) It sounds super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, this looks so yummy! Definitely something the girls would love too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sister is in weight watchers, I will be sharing this with her, and I can't waot to make thiese for myself
    Have a great day
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, that muffin does not look like weight watchers one :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. these sounds delish! thx for sharing!
    kathy k.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)