Image Map

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mission Organize


We have family coming into town this weekend. As I’m sure many of you know there is nothing like a visit from family or friends to get your booty in gear and finish a few projects. I have a huge list I’ll be working on this weekend but I thought I would post a couple things I’ve done so far. I’m sure I will have more to blog about as the week goes on




The one with all the dishes…….

For some reason any gathering, party or event I am always asked to bring my serving dishes. Unless it’s something that my Mom is hosting (she has her fair share of serving dishes). I am happy to share what I have but am always coming up with a better way to lug it all around without breaking anything. By looking at the picture I guess I thought a laundry basket, sheets and a table cloth would do the trick; and it did! All dishes made it home safely. The bad thing is they made it home safely to my dining room floor and have been sitting there for the last month! Well good thing we have company coming otherwise they would still be sitting there.



Ok one item can now be crossed off the list! All dishes are gently packed back in our little dish cabinet. Ahhh I can’t wait to get something to house all this stuff. Hummm then I would have more room and you know what that means……more dishes!


The one with all the spice……
I’m going to put it out there and air my dirty laundry…..or messy spice cabinet. I know, I know, shame on me but here it is our awful spice cabinet. When we have people over for dinner or what not I would always make sure I didn’t need to open it. Now here I am now showing it to anyone who wants to look. Well I no longer have to live in shame it’s now organized! I found 4 containers of crushed red pepper! Guess I won’t need to buy that one for awhile. Not I can see what I have! Hopeful it stays this way. I saved a few glass bottles from some of the old spices I threw out. I plan on using them for little flower vases. I’ll post pictures later.


Before


After












1 comment:

  1. I love organizing! :) I've enjoyed scrolling through your blog and seeing your thrifty treasures.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)