Image Map

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Little Food For Thought

I came across this quote today and I thought it was something that I needed to share.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”
     -Paulo Coelho

   

      I try really hard to be open minded and see the other side in situations I’m faced with. I’m not always prefect at it but I do give it my all. Who am I to tell you what’s right and wrong. We all (hopefully) do what’s right for ourselves and those around us.

 

     Perhaps the screaming child at the grocery store is autistic and the parent is doing the best they can. Maybe your neighbor believes in a different religion than you do but that does not mean they are unworthy of your respect. Perhaps the clerk behind the register is not providing you with the best customer service. Instead of getting upset give them the benefit of the doubt and truly ask how their day is going.

 

    Sometimes it’s hard to step outside of our box our “safe zone” if you will but before jumping to judgment try to look at the whole picture. Sometimes things may not be what they seem and someone may just need a little understanding and a warm smile.

4 comments:

  1. This is something I need to be reminded of more than I'd like to admit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try really hard not to judge other parents since having my own child. I've been embarrassed by my kids plenty of times. I can't cast a stone in another mom's direction. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Paulo Coelho...one of my all time favorite authors. :o)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)