Image Map

Friday, September 03, 2010

Snail Mail AND a Challenge!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

    Sure texting and e-mail is great and efficient but nothing compares to receiving a hand crafted message in the mail. Some of us get so caught up in our daily lives that we find it impossible to take the time to practice the old and diminishing art of snail mail. It’s important for us to remember that we are ALL busy. That’s just the way the world is. True, some of us are busier than others and we may be busy with different things but it takes a special person to step outside of their hectic world and take moment to let someone know they are thinking about them……not through an e-mail or a speedy text but a written letter.

                                   image            image

   I’m guilty of it as well. I use to send out letters on regular bases but let the practice dwindle until it was none existent. I was looking though a cooking magazine the other day and came across several recipes that I knew my friend would love. I ripped them out and thought I would pass them along next time I saw her. They sat on my desk for a few days until one day I decided that I would mail them to her with a little letter to let her know that I was thinking about her. That letter to my friend ignited my snail mail bug. I have since sent out several letters to friends and family letting them know that I love them and wishing them a wonderful day. I hope that my silly letters brought a smile to their face when they opened them.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

    Sweet Snail 02 - Click Image to CloseMy challenge to you is to send out 2 letters. That’s it….just 2! If you choose to send more, more power to ya! I promise it won’t take long. Get up a few minutes early to write your letters. Do it before you go to bed or while you little one is napping. Write them during a commercial break or while you’re eating breakfast. I promise you can find the time to do it! No need for a fancy card or stationary. If you’re crafty use things you have on hand to craft a note card or write your letter on printer paper.

 

Sweet Snail 02 - Click Image to CloseThe only requirement is you must include a hand written message (if you’re able to do so) and your letters must be sent out using the old method of snail mail! That’s it simple and easy. If you plan to join in let me know in your comment. I would love to know how many letters you plan to send out! Once your letters are mailed come on back to check in and let me know that you sent them. Some of us need that sometimes…..right? Make sure you do it as soon as possible so you don’t fall into the “I’ll do it tomorrow” trap. 

6 comments:

  1. That is a great challenge. I love getting real mail!

    Hey, I just realized that you weren't on my Friends and Inspiration page. So I added you. Love your blog!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love sending cards. I collect cute cards that I find cheap at the thrift store or the dollar store or the card outlet. I also like making my own notecards out of scrapbooking scraps. I have several family members that have been fighting cancer for awhile and try to send each of them one of my notes every month. It makes me happy knowing that it may brighten their day just a little!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post, Kendra! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I look forward to checking out the rest of your blog!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sending snail mail to my best friend. I love getting snail mail from a friend ... it doesn't even have to be a long letter, just a short note to say Hi is more than sufficient to light up my day!
    I am sure those receiving your mail will be smiling and happy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and read them all so knock yourself out! If you have a specific question, feel free to
e-mail me by using my e-mail link in the side bar. I would love to hear from you :o)