1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large ripe banana (or almost 1 cup)
1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
1 cup of walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake tray with 12 baking cups.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl with a wire whisk.
3. Cream butter and sugar in a mixer for about four minutes.
4. Add banana and mix until combined.
5. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
6. Add half the flour in three additions alternating with milk in two additions. Scrape down the sides with each addition.
7. Optional: Add 1 cup of walnuts
8. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until done.
Honey Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
1 ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat confectioners’ sugar, unsalted butter, honey, and ground cinnamon until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes